Effective Date: 12/14/2012
Welcome to Benchmark Events (herein after referred to as "Benchmark," "company," "us," "we," and/or "our"), owned and operated by Benchmark Internet Group, LLC. With Benchmark Events, clients anywhere in the world can promote, buy and sell tickets to events across the globe. Our service not only helps people create events, but also find events and pass along info to their friends on which events they're attending or planning to attend. We are able to do all of this through apps and software for a variety of devices, as well as our network of sites and properties including Benchmark Email, our email marketing service.
Benchmark Internet Group complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Benchmark has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Benchmark's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
If you are unsure about our privacy rules or this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We May Collect:
1. Personal Data
If you are an organizer, we will collect data that is voluntarily provided when you register for our service, contact us with questions, use our services or answer questions for polls or surveys. This information may include your name and email address, as well as other personally identifiable information. We may also collect your credit card information (card number, expiration date, billing address) and other personal information used to collect payment or for tax purposes (including your taxpayer ID number).
2. Non-Personal Data
When you use or interact with our services, we may collect non-identifiable data, which may include but is not limited to type of Internet browser, Internet Protocol (IP addresses), geographic location (approximate), a record of how you use our services and sites, and other data that cannot be used to identify you. This information, which may be gathered using various technologies, cannot, by itself, be used to identify you. We may collect non-personal data from third parties, and we may combine this data with the same data we collect.
Cookies and Session Identifiers
When you use our service or visit our site(s), we use something called a "cookie" that we place on your browser. This cookie can do anything from analyze how you use our service to automatically identifying you when you visit the site. This saves you time, because when a cookie is used, you may not need to enter in your password or login info over and over to use the service. These cookies may be used to tailor content to you when you visit our service or other sites in the future. Cookies may last for one browser session or many, and may even be used for months or even years until they expire. If you'd like to remove, disable or prevent cookies from being installed on your machine, use the help section of your Internet browser to find out how you can make adjustments to your cookie settings. If you reject cookies, you may still use our services, but your ability to use some areas will be limited. To save you time and to use our services to the fullest, we recommend that you keep your cookies turned on. Be advised, we may also be using HTML5 cookies in future updates to the service.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Specific Reasons - If you've given us personal data for a specific reason, we will use it as such. For instance, if you call our support line with a question and leave a message, we will use your phone number to call you back because you specifically offered it to us for this purpose. Email is similar, as we may receive an email from you asking a question, and we will use that email address to answer whatever query you sent us.
- Use and Access - If you give us data to use or access our services, we'll use that data to provide you access to our services. For example, if you offer your credit card information to purchase tickets to an event as a buyer, or to process payments and purchases as an organizer, we will use the credit card information you provided to purchase tickets or process payments.
- Benchmark support and event organizers do not have access to stored credit card numbers or card validation codes for buyers.
- Business Purposes (Internal) - We may use gathered data to improve our services, understand our users, identify theft or wrongdoing, enforce our terms of service, deliver customer service or manage your account.
- Emails from Organizers - Organizers may use our email service to reach out to buyers regarding current, past and future events. If you are a buyer, expect that you may get emails from us that originate with organizers.
Non-Personal Data - Non-personal data cannot be used to identify you personally, so we may use that data for any purpose that falls within the law. In order to serve you better and deliver the features you like most, we may conduct research on customer interests, behavior and demographics, based on the personal data we have collected. This research will be studied and analyzed on an aggregate, de-identified basis.
How We Disclose Information We Collect
1. Personal Data - As a company we will not sell your data to third parties, including advertisers, as this is not the intent of our service. There are certain situations where we may transfer or share your personal data with third parties, without notice to you.
Here is a list of those situations:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries - We may share your data with subsidiaries and affiliates in accordance with this policy, and they are bound to maintain and use your data in accordance with this policy as well.
- Third Parties, Agents and Consultants - On occasion, we may engage with other companies, entities and services to perform certain functions (business-related). These functions may include ticket fulfillment, mailing info, preventing fraud, processing payments and maintaining databases. We may provide these companies with your data so that they can perform these and other functions. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Third Party Connections, including Facebook - Using Facebook, you can connect to your events account. This means that with Facebook, as well as other third-party services, we may collect, transfer, store and use information relating to your account. Your first name, last name, ID, email, friends list, and other data connected to your Facebook account may add functionality to our services, including sharing event info with your Facebook friends. Please make sure your friends are interested in receiving info on events you like or plan to attend.
- Legal Requirements - We must divulge information if we're required to do so by law, including (but not limited to) a subpoena or law enforcement request, government agency request, or in our belief that this type of action is necessary to comply with legal obligation, defend our rights or the ones of third parties, investigate or identify wrongdoing connected with our services, protect the safety of our users, or protect ourselves against legal liability.
2. Data (Non-Personal) - Since non-personal data cannot be used as an identification of you, we may disclose, share or transfer non-personal data for any lawful purpose.
Your Options Regarding Personal Disclosure
You can limit whatever data you choose to provide. Understand, however, that if you choose to provide less (or any) personal data, you may not be able to use our service (or certain functions of our service).
Opt out of Benchmark's newsletter contact list by changing your email preferences in your user account. As a buyer, you may opt out of receiving an event organizer's emails by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in the email received or you can contact us at email@example.com. (All Benchmark emails contain an Unsubscribe link, in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act; all unsubscribe requests are honored within 10 days of the initial request.)
To buyers: As an email recipient, you may be subscribed to multiple lists. If your email is listed with a Benchmark user who segments their lists or has separate contact lists for their Event and Email accounts, please take the time to note which lists you are unsubscribing from; Benchmark provides the options to unsubscribe from specific lists as well as unsubscribe from all lists. If you do not unsubscribe from all lists, you may continue to receive emails from a Benchmark user or organizer.
We do not knowingly collect any data for children under 13 years old, so if you are under the age of 13, do not submit or offer any data through our services. We strongly suggest that guardians of children monitor them and convince them to never post any data through our services. If you believe a minor has submitted data to our service, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to delete that info from our database.
Other Websites (Links)
Storage and Security
When we collect sensitive information on an organizer's behalf, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). There is a chance that we may store personal data in our own databases, or databases under the control/management of agents, affiliates or service providers. As a service, we will take what we think are the appropriate steps to protect any data provided through our service from loss, unauthorized access, unplanned or inadvertent disclosure, destruction or alteration. Please note that Internet or email transmissions are never 100% secure or without error. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com. Please take special care when sending info to us via email, and protect yourself when you transmit data using the Internet.
International Privacy Laws
Other Terms and Conditions
Access to our forthcoming services and their use is subject to our terms of service. This includes the Benchmark API.
If you are an Organizer, to update your Personal Data, log in to your Benchmark account, scroll over your User ID in the upper right and click on one of the Account settings. There, you can update your contact information and more.
To change, delete or request deletion of data not accessible via your Account settings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Buyers cannot update their data in this way, though if buyers wish to begin an account with Benchmark, they may sign up by clicking on any of the Free Trial buttons on the site or in Benchmark emails.
If buyers believe they have entered incorrect personal data or wish to update their personal data, they may contact Benchmark at the email listed in the previous paragraph. Benchmark will review all requests but may reject requests that are impractical or abusive.
For event purposes, organizers have access to buyers' personal data (including name, contact information and purchase history, but excluding credit card information) but cannot change or update this data.
Retention and Deletion
We may retain your personal data for as long as you continue to use our services. You have the freedom to close your account at any time by contacting us, but we may keep your personal and non-personal data for any amount of time that is required or permitted by law. Even if we delete your data, it may stay in backup, archival media, or other information systems.
How to Contact Benchmark
Contact us by mail at:
10621 Calle Lee, Building 141
Los Alamitos, CA 90720, USA
To learn more about dispute resolution, please visit the Jurisdiction section of our Terms of Service (Section 19).