Where Benchmark stands on spam
Benchmark enforces a strong, zero-tolerance anti-spam policy to protect the delivery rates and reputations of our customers. If you feel one of our customers has sent you spam, please email us below and we'll immediately take steps to solve the problem.
Our Anti-Spam Policy
Simply stated, we at Benchmark are anti-spam. We hold the privacy of all users in the highest regard, as well as the recipients of emails sent by our customers.
The Federal CAN-SPAM Act
The Federal CAN-SPAM Act, put into law in 2003, dictates rules in sending commercial email. Benchmark vigorously follows these rules, and adds a few more for added safety, they include:
- If you are sending commercial, non-personal, business-focused email, you must have specific permission to email your recipients. You can do this by using opt-in or closed loop opt-in to sign up subscribers.
- When you use opt-in, you must make a reasonable effort to make certain the person who signed up to receive communications from you is who they say they are.
- You must hang on to evidence that subscribers have given you permission, and must be able to produce that evidence within 72 hours of request.
- You must tell you recipients, in your email, where you got their info. This might include a line that says, “You have received this email because you signed up for our newsletter at www.benchmarkemail.com.”
- You must honor all unsubscribe requests within 10 days of receipt and provide a reasonable way for customers to unsubscribe.
- You must be able to track down anonymous complaints.
- You must tell the truth in your email, from where your office is located to who is sending the actual communication.
All Benchmark customers are bound, by law, to follow these guidelines. If you are sent an unexpected email from a Benchmark customer, here are the steps you can follow:
- Click on the unsubscribe link in the unexpected email you receive.
- Contact our support staff and request that we take you off all all potential emails from Benchmark.
- If you feel one of our customers has sent you spam, please contact us at email@example.com.